NICOSIA, Cyprus (AP) — Cyprus police say they have asked a court to hold a foreign terror suspect for another seven days amid reports that he was monitoring the movements of Israeli tourists on the island.

Last week, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu charged Iran with the plot.

Police spokesman Andreas Angelides told The Associated Press on Friday the court is expected to decide Monday on the 24-year-old man’s detention.

Cyprus authorities have declined to reveal any details about the suspect’s identity or what he was planning. But state broadcaster CyBC said the man — a Lebanese national with a Swedish passport — is linked to Lebanon’s Hezbollah and that he had been monitoring the movements of Israeli tourists on the island.

The man was detained about a week before a suicide bomber in Bulgaria killed five Israeli tourists and a local bus driver.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.

Times of Israel staff contributed to this report.