The state is not seeking to prevent the evacuation of the outpost of Migron, even though it wants to further investigate claims of some outpost residents that they purchased land there legally, the state made clear in a submission Monday to the High Court of Justice.

According to its response to a petition by settlers to prevent the evacuation, the state believes that even were the residents’ claims to be validated, planning and building violations would still require the outpost’s full demolition, Israel Radio reported.

The state plans on continuing the investigation of ownership of some of the land on which Migron is situated, the submission said.

The state’s position on Migron comes despite a ministerial committee’s decision in July to support petitioning the High Court of Justice to delay the evacuation of some of the homes.

Yuli Edelstein, Diaspora affairs minister, complained to Israel Radio on Monday that the state legal institutions seemed to be paying no heed to the ministerial committee on this matter.

Migron, the largest West Bank outpost, was acknowledged by the state to be built on private Palestinian land, and the court ordered its evacuation and demolition earlier this year. In July, residents of the outpost petitioned the court to delay the evacuation, arguing that they had purchased roughly half the land the outpost sits on from its Palestinian owner. The police launched an investigation into the deal following a complaint filed by the landowner.

The government petitioned the High Court of Justice last month to grant it a 30-day extension for the evacuation of the Migron outpost, saying the army could not carry out that mission during the Muslim holiday of Ramadan and that new housing had yet to be completed for the families set to be evicted.

The petition to the court recognized that an earlier request to delay the evacuation until November 2015 was rejected, but said that a shorter, one-month delay was reasonable. The court had ordered that the evacuation be carried out by August 1.