Two West Bank Palestinian men who told police they possessed knives were arrested and indicted, police said in a statement Sunday.
Last week, a 36-year-old Palestinian man in Israel without a permit called police to tell them he had a knife and was planning to carry out an attack against Israelis.
Officers arrested the West Bank resident after tracing the phone call and determining his location. A body search of the man uncovered a knife in his possession.
He was remanded into custody at a Beersheba court, where he repeated his intentions to attack Israelis.
The Palestinian man, who was not named, was indicted on charges of illegally entering Israel, possession of a knife and making threats.
In a separate incident last week, a 19-year-old Palestinian man called the Israel Police hotline and told officers: “I have a knife.” He was arrested outside the Negev Bedouin town of Hura and taken in for questioning.
The suspect was indicted at a Beersheba court later in the week on unspecified charges, police said. It wasn’t clear if he was in Israel legally.
“We are working with additional bodies to monitor the potential attackers at all times,” the police statement said. “This time, the suspects informed police of their intentions, and they were immediately located and stopped.”
A wave of Palestinian terror attacks has killed at least 34 Israelis, two Americans, an Eritrean and a Sudanese since October last year. Some 215 Palestinians have been killed in the terror wave; Israel says most were attackers or would-be attackers who died in the course of carrying out attacks.