ISRAEL AT WAR - DAY 141

search

Patient dies in fire at Kaplan hospital in Rehovot

Staff extricates man before firefighters arrive to put out blaze, but he later dies of injuries; initial probe suggests electrical fault caused incident

Michael Horovitz is a breaking news editor at The Times of Israel

A firefighter at the scene of a blaze at Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot, December 3, 2023. (Fire and Rescue services)
A firefighter at the scene of a blaze at Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot, December 3, 2023. (Fire and Rescue services)

A patient died in a fire that broke out at Kaplan Medical Center’s Respiratory Department in the central city of Rehovot overnight Sunday.

Staff evacuated from the facility and managed to extricate the patient before Fire and Rescue services arrived, but he died of his injuries, the hospital said in a statement.

Firefighters got to the scene and promptly extinguished the blaze.

The hospital did not name the patient.

According to a preliminary investigation, the blaze broke out due to an electrical short circuit.

The probe into the incident is ongoing in collaboration with the Fire and Rescue Services, the hospital said.

read more:
Never miss breaking news on Israel
Get notifications to stay updated
You're subscribed
image
Register for free
and continue reading
Registering also lets you comment on articles and helps us improve your experience. It takes just a few seconds.
Already registered? Enter your email to sign in.
Please use the following structure: example@domain.com
Or Continue with
By registering you agree to the terms and conditions. Once registered, you’ll receive our Daily Edition email for free.
Register to continue
Or Continue with
Log in to continue
Sign in or Register
Or Continue with
check your email
Check your email
We sent an email to you at .
It has a link that will sign you in.