Elderly man dies in fire
search

Elderly man dies in fire

Caregiver drags victim out of his house after short-circuit sets electric blanket alight

Stuart Winer is a breaking news editor at The Times of Israel.

View of Kibbutz Yakum, April, 2008. (photo credit: Moshe Shai/FLASH90)
View of Kibbutz Yakum, April, 2008. (photo credit: Moshe Shai/FLASH90)

An elderly man died from smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in his home in Kibbutz Yakum, on Tuesday morning.

The 85-year-old man was dragged from the smoke and flames by his caregiver, but efforts by Magen David Adom medics to save the victim failed. Firefighters tackled the blaze that was apparently started by a short-circuit in an electric blanket.

read more:
comments