search

Brothers suspected of Hebron shooting attacks caught

The Shin Bet security service says it has caught two brothers from Hebron thought responsible for carrying out a string of shooting attacks in the divided city that left four Israelis injured.

Hamas member Nasser Faisal Mahmoud Badu’i, 23, and his brother Ahram Faisal Mahmoud Badu’i, 33, were arrested and turned in their makeshift weapons, the Shin Bet says.

A photo composite showing Nasser, right, and Ahram Badu'i. (Shin Bet spokesman)
A photo composite showing Nasser, right, and Ahram Badu’i. (Shin Bet spokesman)

Nasser was arrested in early January, after which Ahram carried out another sniper attack to try to take some heat off Nasser. It was not immediately clear when Ahram was arrested.

Israeli forces had been searching for the two since an attack on November 6 that left two Jewish worshipers at the Tomb of the Patriarchs injured. They also shot at troops at a nearby checkpoint on other occasions, injuring two more people.

 

 

comments
Never miss breaking news on Israel
Get notifications to stay updated
You're subscribed