Two women still sedated and in serious condition after Tel Aviv terror attack

Mother of one of the women: ‘I had a bad feeling. She didn’t answer the telephone, and the bad feelings got worse’; 4 others still hospitalized

Police and rescue services at the scene of a car-ramming terror attack in north Tel Aviv on June 4, 2023. (Miriam Alster/Flash90)
Police and rescue services at the scene of a car-ramming terror attack in north Tel Aviv on June 4, 2023. (Miriam Alster/Flash90)

Six people remained hospitalized Wednesday the day after a terror attack in Tel Aviv, including two women who were in serious condition.

The city’s Ichilov Hospital said in a statement that both women were sedated and intubated.

One of the women was pregnant and lost her child due to injuries she sustained in the attack.

The hospital said two others who were lightly wounded were being treated in its neurosurgery and orthopedics departments.

Two victims of the attack remained at Beilinson Hospital in Petah Tikva, which reported their condition had improved and was no longer life-threatening.

One of them, a 30-year-old man, suffered stab wounds to his stomach and underwent surgery Tuesday.

Another man, 76, was treated for knife wounds to his chest and is in intensive care.

A 66-year-old man who had injuries to his face was released from the hospital Tuesday night.

Police and rescue forces at the scene of a car ramming terror attack in north Tel Aviv on June 4, 2023. (Avshalom Sassoni/Flash90)

Simcha Kuzai, whose daughter Rebecca Shinfeld is hospitalized at Ichilov in a serious condition, told Channel 13 news that she had tried to get hold of her after learning of the attack.

“I had a bad feeling,” Kuzai recalled. “She didn’t answer the telephone, and the feelings got worse.”

According to police, the Palestinian assailant rammed his pickup truck into people on a sidewalk on Tel Aviv’s northern Pinchas Rosen Street, then got out and stabbed others.

Surveillance camera footage showed the moment the terrorist slammed into pedestrians at a bus stop. Moments later he was seen emerging from the vehicle and rushing at and stabbing passers-by and people who were sitting outside at a nearby cafe.

He was shot dead by an armed civilian.

Shin Bet named the terrorist as Abed al-Wahab Khalaila, 20, from the West Bank town of as-Samu, in the South Hebron Hills area. The security agency said he did not have an entry permit to Israel.

The attack came as the Israeli military was carrying out a major operation in the northern West Bank city of Jenin, which security services have said is a hotbed of terror.

On Monday, in another suspected terror attack, a Palestinian teenager stabbed and lightly hurt an Israeli man in the Tel Aviv suburb of Bnei Brak.

read more:
Never miss breaking news on Israel
Get notifications to stay updated
You're subscribed
Register for free
and continue reading
Registering also lets you comment on articles and helps us improve your experience. It takes just a few seconds.
Already registered? Enter your email to sign in.
Please use the following structure:
Or Continue with
By registering you agree to the terms and conditions. Once registered, you’ll receive our Daily Edition email for free.
Register to continue
Or Continue with
Log in to continue
Sign in or Register
Or Continue with
check your email
Check your email
We sent an email to you at .
It has a link that will sign you in.