BRUSSELS, Belgium — Belgium has charged two new suspects in connection with the attacks in Paris in November 2015, claimed by the Islamic State group, which killed 130 people, federal prosecutors said Thursday.

The suspects, identified only as Farid K. and Meryem E. B., “are suspected of having provided Khalid El Bakraoui with fake documents used during the preparations for the attacks in Paris,” the prosecutor said.

Bakraoui blew himself up at a Brussels metro station while his brother Ibrahim and another suicide bomber attacked Brussels airport in twin attacks that killed 32 people on March 22 last year.

Some 20 people have been charged in Belgium in connection with the investigation into the Paris attacks. Investigators say the Paris and Brussels attacks were carried out by the same cell.

File: (Left to right) Khalid El Bakraoui, Ibrahim El Bakraoui and Najim Laachraoui, who carried out the deadly suicide bombings in Brussels on March 22, 2016, in a photo distributed by Belgian authorities. (Belgian Federal Police)

File: (Left to right) Khalid El Bakraoui, Ibrahim El Bakraoui and Najim Laachraoui, who carried out the deadly suicide bombings in Brussels on March 22, 2016, in a photo distributed by Belgian authorities. (Belgian Federal Police)

Farid K. has “been charged with participation in the activities of a terrorist group, falsification of documents and use of false documents,” the prosecutor’s office said.

Meryem E.B. “has been charged with falsification of documents and use of false documents,” it said.

Farid K. has been placed in police custody while Meryem E.B was released under “strict” conditions, it added.

Brussels was home to many of the attackers who struck the French capital November 13 with suicide bombings and volleys of assault weapons fire that left 130 people dead. According to Belgian and French investigators, the same cell was behind the suicide bombings that killed 32 people in Brussels on March 22.

Associated Press contributed to this report.