IDF: Probe into deadly strike on Gaza aid convoy complete, will be presented soon

Emanuel (Mannie) Fabian is The Times of Israel's military correspondent

People gather around the carcass of a car used by US-based aid group World Central Kitchen, that was hit by an Israeli strike the previous day in Deir al-Balah in the central Gaza Strip on April 2, 2024. (AFP)
People gather around the carcass of a car used by US-based aid group World Central Kitchen, that was hit by an Israeli strike the previous day in Deir al-Balah in the central Gaza Strip on April 2, 2024. (AFP)

IDF Spokesman Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari says the military’s probe into a deadly strike on an aid convoy in Gaza earlier this week has been completed, and it will soon be presented to the public.

Responding to a question at a press conference, Hagari says the incident, in which seven aid workers with World Central Kitchen were killed, was investigated “thoroughly” by the General Staff Fact-Finding Assessment Mechanism, an independent military body responsible for investigating unusual incidents amid the war.

He says the head of the mechanism, Maj. Gen. (res.) Yoav Har-Even, presented the findings to IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Herzi Halevi earlier today, and was due to present it to Defense Minister Yoav Gallant and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as well.

“I believe that after we present it to the ambassadors of the relevant countries, and to the people of WCK, we will publicize it in a clear transparent way, soon,” Hagari adds.

Most Popular