Police said Monday that 15 people were injured, four of them seriously, when a blaze ripped though an apartment building in the northern city of Haifa.
The fire broke out in a second-floor apartment in the building on the city’s Ibn Gvirol Street and is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.
Eleven people were lightly hurt and police said the majority of those injured were suffering from smoke inhalation.
The Ynet news site reported that the injured include a mother and her small children who were in an apartment on the third floor of the building.
The woman and her children were among those seriously injured, the Walla news site reported.