Israeli taken hostage at music festival on Oct. 7 has died, his school announces

Ra’anana high school says it was holding out hope that 26-year-old Guy Iluz would come home, ‘but today we were informed that he will not return again’

Guy Iluz was taken captive by Hamas terrorists on October 7, 2023 from the Supernova desert rave. His death was announced on December 1, 2023. (Courtesy)
Guy Iluz was taken captive by Hamas terrorists on October 7, 2023 from the Supernova desert rave. His death was announced on December 1, 2023. (Courtesy)

An Israeli man abducted into the Gaza Strip during the Hamas terror group’s devastating October 7 attack on southern Israel has died, his high school announced Friday.

Guy Iluz, 26, was attending the Supernova musical festival near Re’im when he was taken by Hamas terrorists.

“For many weeks we hoped and prayed for Guy’s return, but today we were informed that he will not return again,” Mor Metro-West High School in Ra’anana wrote in a Facebook post.

No details were provided regarding how he died and when. There was no confirmation from the Israel Defense Forces, which on Friday announced the deaths of several other Israelis who were abducted into Gaza.

According to the school, Iluz is the sixth Mor Metro-West alumnus to have been killed since October 7.

“Guy was a man of love, happiness and laughter,” the school added. “Music accompanied Guy all his life until the day of his death.”

The photos of people killed and taken captive by Hamas terrorists during their violent rampage through the Nova music festival in southern Israel are displayed at the site of the event, as Israeli DJs spun music, to commemorate the October 7, massacre, near Kibbutz Re’im, November 28, 2023. (AP Photo/Ohad Zwigenberg)

Iluz, a soundman for Israeli musicians Matti Caspi, Shalom Hanoch and others, tried to flee from the terrorists together with four friends in his white jeep. He called his father, Michel Iluz.

“Dad, Dad, I love you,” said Guy. “I wanted to tell you I love you if something happens to me.”

Michel Iluz told his son not to say goodbye.

Friends in a car behind him were able to escape, but the terrorists shot at Guy’s car, killing his four passengers.

He was able to get out of the car and climb a tree, which is where he was when he last spoke with his family.

His father, Michel, went searching for Guy on the roads and fields near the festival, eventually finding his car, but no sign of him or his body.

Michel Iluz, who owns Tel Aviv’s Hummus Asli restaurant, asked his Arab workers to keep their eye on Arabic television to see if Guy was mentioned anywhere.

On the 11th day, a worker sent Michel a video showing a Hamas gunman announcing Guy’s death.

Michel sent the video to Gal Hirsch, the government point man on missing and kidnapped citizens, who told the Iluz family not to believe the video. Hirsch later told the family that Guy was a hostage in Gaza.

read more:
Never miss breaking news on Israel
Get notifications to stay updated
You're subscribed
Register for free
and continue reading
Registering also lets you comment on articles and helps us improve your experience. It takes just a few seconds.
Already registered? Enter your email to sign in.
Please use the following structure:
Or Continue with
By registering you agree to the terms and conditions. Once registered, you’ll receive our Daily Edition email for free.
Register to continue
Or Continue with
Log in to continue
Sign in or Register
Or Continue with
check your email
Check your email
We sent an email to you at .
It has a link that will sign you in.