Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas on Wednesday hosted the families of Palestinian terrorists involved in Jerusalem attacks, just hours after three Palestinians killed an Israeli Border Police officer and injured a second in Jerusalem.

Abbas met with the families of 11 terrorists in Ramallah who carried out attacks against Israelis in the past four months and whose bodies remain in Israeli custody, Ynet reported.

Among those present were the family of Baha Alian, who killed three Israelis on a bus in Jerusalem’s Armon Hanetziv neighborhood in October. Also present were the relatives of Alaa Abu Jamal, also of Jebel Mukkaber, who in October careened his car into Israeli pedestrians, exited the vehicle and stabbed the victims.

The families of the terrorists called upon Abbas to act to secure the release of their bodies from Israel. Abbas said that the Palestinian leadership is making great efforts to do so in order to ease the pain for the families.

“Your sons are martyrs,” the Palestinian Authority president told the families.

The meeting was broadcast by the official Palestinian news agency and took place shortly after three Palestinians, identified as Ahmed Abou Al-Roub, Mohammed Kameel and Ahmad Rajeh Ismail Zakarneh, from the northern West Bank attacked Border Police officers outside Jerusalem’s Old City.

Border Police officer Hadar Cohen, 19, was killed in a terror attack at Damascus Gate outside of Jerusalem's Old City on February 3, 2016. (Israel Police)

Border Police officer Hadar Cohen, 19, was killed in a terror attack at Damascus Gate outside of Jerusalem’s Old City on February 3, 2016. (Israel Police)

A Border Police officer succumbed to wounds suffered during the attack after hours of efforts to save her life at Jerusalem’s Hadassah Hospital Mount Scopus failed. She was identified as Hadar Cohen, 19, from Or Yehuda.

Cohen was rushed to hospital in critical condition after she was wounded in the attack shortly after 2 p.m. local time. Paramedics who treated her at the scene said she was fighting for her life.

Hospital officials said she was shot in the head. “We succeeded in stabilizing her condition for a time, but her head wound was so severe she never had a chance,” a hospital spokeswoman said.

Another policewomen was in serious but stable condition at the hospital, with wounds all over her body, including her head, the spokeswoman said.