search

Fourth Nablus terror cell suspect said on loose; reports describe raid

Troops are searching for an additional member of the suspected terror cell accused of carrying out shooting attacks on Israelis near Nablus, after three others were killed by troops, according to reports.

It’s not clear if the fourth person fled or was not present when troops killed the other three Palestinians.

According to an unsourced report in Walla describing the raid, officials decided to order the raid after the terror suspects were seen getting in a car with guns and ammunition.

The report says undercover anti-terror police riding in a taxi and a car in Nablus surrounded the suspects’ car and opened fire on it. Other troops, some of whom were undercover, were also deployed to the area in case of problems.

According to an unsourced Ynet report, Israel had received intelligence that the group had been planning an attack Tuesday night, though it’s unclear if this is another way of describing the three getting in a vehicle with guns.

The news outlet claims that before being killed, the cell “acted like wanted suspects, moving between safehouses.”

comments
Never miss breaking news on Israel
Get notifications to stay updated
You're subscribed