Nine workers were lightly injured after an ammonia leak sparked a fire at a factory in Kibbutz Eilon Tuesday night.
Four of the nine injured were taken to the Galilee Medical Center for treatment after being exposed to ammonia.
Ammonia is a chemical that can burn skin. It is toxic, even fatal, if inhaled.
The factory’s automated safety systems sealed the leaking valves shortly after the leak was discovered.
Ten firefighter teams were deployed to evacuate the factory. Hazardous materials teams are monitoring the building and surrounding area for signs of ammonia gas.
Local residents were warned to stay indoors until the area is cleaned.