A judge remands the four Jewish suspects held in connection with the killing of an Arab man during violence in the central city of Lod on Monday.
The circumstances surrounding the killing of 25-year-old Musa Hanusa remain hotly disputed, with Jewish eyewitnesses saying the shooter fired in self-defense during rioting by Arab residents of the city.
According to Channel 12 news, the central suspect may have opened fire from a distance of some 50 meters from the victim.
Internal Security Minister Amir Ohana, who is in charge of policing, says on a visit to Lod that “it won’t be the last time” he disagrees with a court decision. Earlier in the day, he said the suspect should be immediately released but noted he has no jurisdiction over the matter.