PA condemns deadly Israeli incursion into Jenin

File: Nabil Abu Rudeineh, spokesman of Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, speaks at a press conference in the West Bank city of Ramallah on December 5, 2017. (Flash90)
File: Nabil Abu Rudeineh, spokesman of Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, speaks at a press conference in the West Bank city of Ramallah on December 5, 2017. (Flash90)

The Palestinian Authority condemns an Israeli raid into the West Bank town of Jenin in which at least six Palestinians are killed.

A spokesman for PA President Mahmoud Abbas says that “the Israeli government bears responsibility for this dangerous escalation, which threatens to explode the situation and destroy all efforts aimed at restoring stability.”

The spokesman, Nabil Abu Rudeineh, says Israel is determined to thwart all efforts to bring about peace in the region and calls on the US to pressure Jerusalem.

Hebrew media reports say that among the dead is the alleged terrorist that carried out the deadly shooting attack in Huwara last week.

Most Popular