An 18-year old man was rescued by firefighters early Tuesday morning after he fell into a storage pit containing cow feces.

The teen, who was reportedly inebriated at the time, was prevented from being completely submerged by his friends, who held onto his arms until emergency services could arrive.

When the firefighters came, the man was up to his waist in dung.

The group had been hanging out while drinking in an industrial area near Kfar Saba.

Firefighters said the youth had been in real danger of drowning in the dung, and noted they had to use special rescue techniques to extract him from the manure without causing him bodily harm.

Afterwards rescuers washed him thoroughly with a fire hose, and an ambulance dropped him off at a nearby hospital, where he had to be cleaned again before being admitted for treatment from his odorous ordeal.