A government panel led by Minister Yuval Steinitz says Israelis can enter the country only for the following reasons during the ongoing closure of the airport:
- Essential medical treatment that cannot be delayed.
- Attending a funeral of a first-degree relative.
- If a first-degree relative is in an accident or suffers “a sudden injury.”
- For essential workers in Israel, if they cannot work remotely.
- Diplomatic and government representatives who left Israel for a short time.
The panel will also weigh additional humanitarian exceptions.
The rules are reported by Channel 12.
Ben-Gurion Airport, Israel’s sole international airport, is to remain mostly closed until Sunday to avoid the import of virus mutations.