Charlie Sheen accused of sexually assaulting 13-year-old Corey Haim
search

Charlie Sheen accused of sexually assaulting 13-year-old Corey Haim

Hollywood star denies claims he abused the late Jewish actor in 1986, on the set of 'Lucas'

Corey Haim in 2008. (CC BY-SA Bree, Wikimedia Commons)
Corey Haim in 2008. (CC BY-SA Bree, Wikimedia Commons)

Charlie Sheen on Wednesday denied claims he sexually abused child actor Corey Haim over 30 years ago, when the late “Lost Boys” star was only 13 years old.

Sheen was accused of having sex with Haim on the set of “Lucas” in 1986 when Sheen was 19, according to a report in The National Enquirer.

Former actor Dominick Brascia told the Enquirer that his close friend Haim confided in him about the incident.

“Haim told me he had sex with Sheen when they filmed ‘Lucas,’” he said. “He told me they smoked pot and had sex. He said they had anal sex. Haim said after it happened Sheen became very cold and rejected him. When Corey wanted to fool around again, Charlie was not interested.”

Charlie Sheen at the 2012 FX Ad Sales Upfront. CC BY-SA Joella Marano, Wikimedia Commons)

Brascia said that the two had sex again years later, when they were both in their 20s.

“He claimed he didn’t like it and was finally over Sheen. He said Charlie was a loser,” he told the Enquirer.

Former child star Corey Feldman, 46, who is planning to make a documentary to expose an alleged network of pedophiles working in Hollywood, alluded to the event in his autobiography, “Coreyography.”

He wrote that while on the movie set, “an adult male convinced him that it was perfectly normal for older men and younger boys in the business to have sexual relations, that it was what all the guys do. So they walked off to a secluded area between two trailers… and Haim allowed himself to be sodomized.”

Sheen’s spokesperson told People magazine that the star “absolutely denies the claim.”

Feldman says he and fellow child star Haim, who died of pneumonia in 2010 after years battling drug addiction, were abused by studio executives as they were making a name for themselves, including “some of the richest, most powerful people in this business.”

Corey Feldman in 2017 (YouTube screenshot)

Feldman is raising money to fund his film, which he said will give an “honest and true depiction of child abuse” in the industry.

“What I am proposing is a plan that I believe can literally change the entertainment system as we know it. And I believe that I can also bring down, potentially, a pedophile ring that I have been aware of since I was a child,” Feldman said.

“Right off the bat, I can name six names, one of them who is still very powerful today. And a story that links all the way up to a studio. It connects pedophilia to one of the major studios.”

A cascade of accounts by women of sexual abuse has flooded social media under the hashtag #MeToo since a scandal surrounding movie mogul Harvey Weinstein erupted last month.

It prompted new calls for justice from Feldman, who took to Twitter to share his own experience of abuse in a seven-message tirade.

Haim, a Canadian-Jewish teen star who died in 2010 at the age of 38, starred in a number of movies, including “Silver Bullet,” “Murphy’s Romance,” “License to Drive,” “Dream a Little Dream,” “Snowboard Academy” and, alongside Feldman, “The Lost Boys.”

AFP contributed to this report.

read more:
comments