ISRAEL AT WAR - DAY 149

search

As Israel awaits 6th set of hostages, Netanyahu vows war will resume after truce

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu speaks in a video statement released by his office on November 29, 2023. (X screenshot. Used in accordance with Clause 27a of the Copyright Law)
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu speaks in a video statement released by his office on November 29, 2023. (X screenshot. Used in accordance with Clause 27a of the Copyright Law)

Amid talks to extend the ceasefire in Gaza, Prime Minister Minister Benjamin Netanyahu insists Israel will resume its military campaign to topple Hamas.

In a video statement, Netanyahu says the chief goals of the war are “eliminating” the Gaza-ruling terror group, bringing home all hostages taken in the October 7 massacres, and ensuring the enclave “never again returns to being a threat to Israel.”

Ahead of the expected release of a sixth group of hostages this evening, Netanyahu hails the return of abducted Israelis, which he says last week sounded “imaginary.”

“In recent days I’ve heard a question: Will Israel return to fighting after this stage of returning our hostages is over? My response is an unequivocal yes,” the premier says. “There is no way we won’t return to fighting until the end.”

Never miss breaking news on Israel
Get notifications to stay updated
You're subscribed
image
Register for free
and continue reading
Registering also lets you comment on articles and helps us improve your experience. It takes just a few seconds.
Already registered? Enter your email to sign in.
Please use the following structure: example@domain.com
Or Continue with
By registering you agree to the terms and conditions. Once registered, you’ll receive our Daily Edition email for free.
Register to continue
Or Continue with
Log in to continue
Sign in or Register
Or Continue with
check your email
Check your email
We sent an email to you at .
It has a link that will sign you in.