A shelter for disabled people in Holon has come under scrutiny after three of its residents died one after the other within the last several days, apparently as a result of food poisoning, Hebrew media reports.
A special team sent to the Beit Dafna shelter by the Health Ministry found severe deficiencies in its kitchen and has instructed the staff to shut down the kitchen completely until the investigation is completed.
According to reports, a few residents began feeling ill during the night between Saturday and Sunday, with some suffering from diarrhea.
One of them, who had suffered from an underlying medical condition, lost consciousness while being examined by the facility’s medical staff. Paramedics who were rushed to the scene attempted to resuscitate her, but efforts failed and she was pronounced dead on Sunday.
Three other residents were meanwhile rushed to the Wolfson Medical Center in Holon, two of whom, also having suffered from underlying medical conditions, passed away Monday morning. The third resident is currently hospitalized in critical condition.