A 24-year-old woman died in a house fire in the northern Druze village of Yanuh-Jat in the early hours of Friday.
Emergency services extracted Anwar Hamri from the building and took her to hospital in critical condition, where she was later declared dead.
Five other people suffered from smoke inhalation and received treatment on the scene.
An investigation has been opened into the circumstances surrounding the fire, but there was said to be no suspicion of criminal involvement.
Channel 12 news reported that a preliminary probe determined that the blaze was likely caused by a cellphone that caught fire.
There have been multiple cases around the world of fires caused by charging cellphones — this can be due to faulty equipment or inadequate ventilation surrounding the device, usually if it has been left on a soft surface such as a bed or sofa.