Three days after the passing of a storm of epic proportions that saw high winds sweep a blizzard across the country, parts of Israel on Tuesday continued to pull out from under a deep blanket of snow and managed to maintain a semblance of normalcy.

In Jerusalem, where bright sunshine raised the temperature, public transportation continued to be sporadic, with only some of the intra-city lines running, and only after 8 a.m. There were reports that buses weren’t running on Tuesday night, and police were asking denizens of the capital to refrain from driving due to slick roads.

Most schools and city-run kindergartens opened at 10 a.m. after some were rendered inaccessible the day before due to fallen trees, ice, and debris. School had been off in Jerusalem since last Thursday.

The Israel Electric Corporation said Tuesday that it had restored power to all communities affected by outages, except for a few isolated households in Jerusalem. Overnight Monday, the IAF airlifted generators into the West Bank settlements of Shilo and Itamar, which were still inaccessible by road. At the height of the storm Friday, 60,000 households were without electricity.

Jerusalem’s city hall resumed operations at 10 a.m., and the capital’s light rail system, previously shut down due to the snow, resumed full service.

The Hebrew University remained closed on Tuesday due to widespread traffic issues that have hampered access since Thursday.

Although schools in the Golan Heights resumed studies on Tuesday, the northern city of Safed kept its schools closed for the third day straight after finding significant structural damage to some institutions, including fallen power lines and caved-in roofs from accumulated snow.

Channel 2 reported that of 120 education institutes in the city, only three planned to open their doors on Wednesday.

Four people were killed from the inclement weather over the weekend, which brought snow as far south as Dimona and heavy rains elsewhere. There were no deaths from the cold in Jerusalem.

Besides the regular emergency call centers — 100 for police, 106 for the local municipalities — a government call center opened for elderly residents and could be reached by dialing *8840.

Palestinian police said over the weekend that major thoroughfares in Palestinian-controlled areas were gradually being reopened, but the UN said many villages were still inaccessible. In Gaza, some 40,000 people were evacuated from flooded homes on Friday and Saturday.

The snow reached 40-60 centimeters in Jerusalem and between 60 centimeters and one meter in the Golan during the three-day storm, which the worst to hit Israel in decades and the worst ever on record in December.

Times of Israel staff contributed to this report.