The gunman responsible for the deaths of four people in a Kosher supermarket in eastern Paris earlier this month is believed to have filmed the attack.
An American intelligence official told CNN that Amedy Coulibaly recorded seven minutes of the January 9 massacre, which have reportedly been viewed by French investigators.
According to the French magazine L’Express, Coulibaly — an Islamic State loyalist who also claimed he was responsible for the death of a policewoman a day before the supermarket attack — attached a GoPro camera to his torso and filmed the shootings of at least three of the victims.
With the help of a hostage, the jihadist later accessed a computer inside the market to send the recording to someone.
“There is a strong probability that this video may have been transmitted to a recipient and not to a traditional media outlet,” said an investigator speaking with the French publication, expressing concern that the video might surface online.
The 32-year-old terrorist died in a standoff with French police after taking several hostages, two days after brothers Said and Cherif Kouachi stormed the offices of Charlie Hebdo, killing 12.
Hayat Boumeddiene, Couilably’s widow, is thought to have assisted him in preparing the attacks. Authorities believe she fled to Syria.
The killings caused a great deal of concern amongst French Jews about their future well-being, with many fearing elements within the country, particularly the republic’s growing Muslim population, have become increasingly hostile to their existence.
Approximately 10,000 French Jews, 2 percent of France’s Jewish population, are expected to emigrate to Israel in 2015 alone — a sharp rise on the record 7,000-plus who came in 2014.
A state report presented to the Knesset earlier this month declared that France was the most dangerous country for Jews in 2014, with the highest incidence of anti-Semitism.
The annual report stated that the the number of anti-Semitic crimes doubled in France in 2014 from the year before.