Austria’s top security official says that evidence gathered so far shows no indication that there was a second assailant in the attack in Vienna.
Interior Minister Karl Nehammer says video material offers no evidence of another attacker though it isn’t the final word.
A 20-year-old Austrian-North Macedonian dual citizen, who was shot and killed by police minutes after the attack started on Monday evening, has been identified as the assailant in what authorities say was an Islamic extremist attack. Four people died in the shooting.
Nehammer says that the number of wounded has risen to 22. And he says that 14 people associated with the assailant have been detained for questioning in searches on 18 properties in and near Vienna.