Despite being party to a deal earlier in the week for nearly 1,600 Palestinian prisoners to end their hunger strike, three detainees are reportedly still refusing to eat.

An official from the Palestinian Prisoner’s Club, which sees to the well-being of Palestinians in israeli jails, told Agence-France Presse Thursday that Mohammed Abdel Aziz, Mahmoud Sarsak and Akram Rikhawi never stopped their protest.

Sarsak was a member of the Palestinian national soccer team before he was arrested in 2009.

On Monday, Israeli prison officials and Palestinian prisoners signed a deal to end their weeks-long hunger strike in exchange for the easing of conditions for detainees, including increased access to family members and an end to punitive solitary confinement.

Israel feared the death of a protester could ignite mass protests across the West Bank.

According to the AFP report, one prisoner, Sarsak, wants to be recognized as a prisoner of war, while Rikhawi is fighting his jailing under administrative detention rules, which allow Israel to hold prisoners without a trial.

According to Palestinian news agency Ma’an, Rikhawi is also protesting his medical treatment. The 38-year-old suffers from asthma, diabetes and cataracts, his lawyer told Ma’an.

The practice of administrative detention has come under scrutiny of late and was the main impetus for the mass hunger strike, which was launched early last month. There were no known concessions relating to the practice in the strike-ending deal.

An Israel Prisons spokesperson told AFP that the Sarsak and Rikhawi broke their fast on Monday night with the rest of the prisoners and resumed refusing food on Tuesday. She did not comment on Abdel Aziz.