A 30-year-old man was hospitalized Friday night after a snake bit his member while he was sitting on the toilet at his parents’ house in northern Israel.

According to a Channel 10 report, the man, a resident of central Israel, paid his parents a visit in the northern town of Nofit. While sitting on the john, he was rudely and painfully interrupted when a snake appeared and bit his penis. The victim “ran from the room in horror” and went to Haifa’s Rambam Medical Center for treatment, according to the report.

A blood test found that the snake was not venomous. The man was in good condition, but doctors decided to keep him under medical supervision.

In southern Israel, an arguably more fortunate 22-year-old Beersheba man was bitten on the stomach by a snake on Friday night and was hospitalized at Soroka Medical Center. It was not immediately clear whether the snake in question was poisonous.

Most of the 40 or so species of snakes indigenous to Israel are not poisonous, but last month a 53-year-old man died when bitten by a poisonous snake near the Sea of Galilee.