Nasrallah breaks silence on Megiddo bomb, saying attack ‘confused’ Israel

Emanuel (Mannie) Fabian is The Times of Israel's military correspondent

Supporters of the Iranian-backed Hezbollah group listen to a speech by Hezbollah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah in the southern Beirut suburb of Dahiyeh, Lebanon, March 6, 2023. (AP Photo/Bilal Hussein)
Supporters of the Iranian-backed Hezbollah group listen to a speech by Hezbollah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah in the southern Beirut suburb of Dahiyeh, Lebanon, March 6, 2023. (AP Photo/Bilal Hussein)

Hezbollah terror chief Hassan Nasrallah breaks his group’s silence on the blast at Megiddo Junction last week, which was carried out by a man who infiltrated into Israel from Lebanon.

In a speech, Nasrallah says the group won’t comment on the bombing, which is suspected to have been orchestrated by Hezbollah.

Instead, he says the attack “confused” Israel, and that “our silence is part of the battle with the enemy.”

Nasrallah adds that any attack by Israel against Lebanon will be met with a response by Hezbollah.

Israel has threatened to respond to the March 13 bombing that seriously wounded an Israeli man, Shareef ad-Din, but has yet to definitively say which group carried it out.

Most Popular