Swiss say terror motive can’t be ruled out in stabbing death
search

Swiss say terror motive can’t be ruled out in stabbing death

Unidentified suspect in weekend attack near Lausanne on the run, was known to Switzerland’s federal intelligence service

Illustrative: Federal Supreme Court of Switzerland in Lausanne, Switzerland, on 28 September 2008. (CC BY SA, Wikimedia commons)
Illustrative: Federal Supreme Court of Switzerland in Lausanne, Switzerland, on 28 September 2008. (CC BY SA, Wikimedia commons)

GENEVA, Switzerland — The Swiss federal prosecutor’s office said Monday that it was taking over an investigation into the weekend stabbing death of a 29-year-old Portuguese man in a town near Lausanne, adding that “a possible terrorist motive” cannot be ruled out.

Further details have come to light for investigators and the suspect has been linked to a criminal case led by the prosecutor’s office, it said in a statement. The suspect, who was not identified, was known to the Swiss federal intelligence service.

The prosecutor’s office did not comment further.

On Saturday, police in the Vaud canton, or region, said the Portuguese man had been mortally wounded by a knife in the town of Morges, calling the incident a homicide. It said the suspect had not been taken into custody.

read more:
comments