11-year-old contracts alcohol poisoning at synagogue celebration
search

11-year-old contracts alcohol poisoning at synagogue celebration

Boy in serious condition after drinking to excess, passing out, and hitting head

Ilan Ben Zion, a reporter at the Associated Press, is a former news editor at The Times of Israel. He holds a Masters degree in Diplomacy from Tel Aviv University and an Honors Bachelors degree from the University of Toronto in Near and Middle Eastern Civilizations, Jewish Studies, and English.

An 11-year-old was hospitalized in serious condition Sunday night after drinking alcohol, collapsing, and injuring his head at a synagogue in Bnei Brak.

Initial investigations found that the boy had imbibed considerable amounts of alcohol at a synagogue celebration, contracted alcohol poisoning and passed out.

Magen David Adom paramedics performed first aid on the injured child before rushing him, unconscious and on a respirator, to the trauma ward at Schneider Hospital in Petah Tikva.

 

 

read more:
comments