A woman has filed a lawsuit against an Ashkelon hospital after she swallowed a toothbrush and allegedly received improper care in the emergency room. She later had surgery to remove the oral hygiene implement.

According to an Israel Radio report Tuesday, the 27-year-old Ashdod resident put the toothbrush down her throat in order to extract a fish bone that had gotten stuck there, but the brush itself then got lodged in her esophagus.

The lawsuit claims that upon her arrival at Ashdod’s Barzilai Hospital, the emergency room doctor advised her to be patient and said the toothbrush would leave her body naturally through her digestive system. However, worsening pain from the situation forced the woman to have surgery to remove it.