A Gaza terrorist was killed, and a second injured, on Friday afternoon as they prepared to fire rockets into Israel, the IDF Spokesman’s office said.
A Gaza health official, Ashraf Al Kedra, confirmed the death and injury.
Palestinian terrorists fired two rockets at Israel earlier in the day that caused no injuries, and 12 rockets the day before, the spokesman’s office said.
Rocket fire continued after the airstrike too, with one landing in an open field in the Sdot Negev Regional Council and another landing in the Hevel Eshkol Regional Council, neither caused no damage or injuries.
The latest escalation of rocket attacks from Gaza began Monday. Since then, more than 120 rockets and missiles have been fired into Israel. Israeli airstrikes on Gaza terrorist targets have since killed at least six Palestinians.
A Hamas spokesman said his organization would respond severely to any aggression on Israel’s part and rejected reports that a ceasefire had been reached between the sides.
On Thursday, Israeli Ambassador to the UN Ron Prosor lodged a formal complaint with the Security Council and UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon regarding the recent barrage of attacks from the Strip. He called on the international community to recognize Israel’s right to self-defense.
“So long as there are no quiet towns in southern Israel, Gaza won’t be quiet either,” Prosor said. He also protested what he said was the fact that Israel’s compliance with UN demands to allow aid into Gaza is met with rocket fire.