National Security Adviser says response to Hamas rocket fire ‘not weak’ and not the end of it

National Security Adviser Tzachi Hanegbi arrives at a cabinet meeting at the Prime Minister's Office in Jerusalem on January 15, 2023. (Yonatan Sindel/Flash90)
National Security Adviser Tzachi Hanegbi arrives at a cabinet meeting at the Prime Minister's Office in Jerusalem on January 15, 2023. (Yonatan Sindel/Flash90)

National Security Adviser Tzachi Hanegbi in an interview with Channel 12 news says the Israeli military’s response against targets of the Hamas terror group in the Gaza Strip and Lebanon following rocket fire from both areas, was “not weak.”

“If it was weak, we would’ve seen a response by Hamas and Hezbollah on the significant strikes in Gaza and Lebanon. The targets in Lebanon were chosen in a way that won’t force a response,” Hanegbi says.

“We struck in Lebanon and there wasn’t a response,” he says. “The same thing in Gaza, there was a significant attack against a number of targets. They did not react, which shows the deterrence is there,” Hanegbi claims, despite Palestinian terrorists launching 44 rockets at Israel following the airstrikes.

“Those who assume that the account is closed, are assuming wrong,” he says.

“We know the account is still open over a number of brazen and daring developments,” Hanegbi adds, apparently referring to a bombing attack in northern Israel last month, which Israel suspects Hezbollah was involved in.

Most Popular