Iranian officials launched an effort Monday to provide emergency power to the Natanz nuclear facility, says Ali Akbar Salehi, the head of Iran’s nuclear program, following a devastating attack on the site blamed on Israel.
He said the sabotage had not stopped enrichment there, without elaborating.
Iran foreign minister earlier on Monday blamed Israel for a power failure that reportedly caused massive damage to the Natanz nuclear facility, vowing to “take revenge on the Zionists” and to replace damaged centrifuges at the site with even better ones.
Meanwhile, according to Reuters, Tehran claimed it had identified the individual behind the attack and would arrest him. The report was based on the comments of an unnamed intelligence official who spoke to the Nournews website.
AP contributed to this report.