Israel Police announce that they have arrested two additional suspects who allegedly took part in a stone-throwing attack against Palestinians in the South Hebron Hills earlier this week.
According to the police, the two additional suspects are an adult and a minor. Yesterday, police arrested three Jewish Israelis over their alleged participation in the stone-throwing assault on a Palestinian village in the South Hebron Hills on Tuesday that left more than a dozen Palestinians wounded, including a three-year-old boy.
The rocks smashed cars and injured at least 12 Palestinians, including the three-year-old, Palestinian and Israeli witnesses said.
Foreign Minister Yair Lapid condemned the incident as terrorism and called for justice to be carried out. “This isn’t the Israeli way and it isn’t the Jewish way,” he said. “This is a violent and dangerous fringe, and we have a responsibility to bring them to justice.”
At least five Jewish Israelis are currently in custody in connection to the incident.