A former writer on “Mad Men” told the website The Information that series creator Matthew Weiner harassed her at work.
The allegation by Kater Gordon was reported Thursday, and denied in a statement released by Weiner’s publicist.
The statement said Weiner did not remember making the comment to Gordon and it does not reflect a comment he would say to a colleague.
Gordon couldn’t immediately be reached for comment.
She told The Information that the alleged incident occurred when she and Weiner were working late one night at the office. She claimed that he told her she “owed it to him to let him see me naked,” the website reported.
Gordon said she “froze,” tried to brush it off and continued working.
She started as a staff writer on the AMC drama before becoming a writers’ assistant, and then shared a writing Emmy in 2009 with Weiner, who is Jewish, for an episode of the show.
Gordon said she was let go from the series a year after the alleged incident and lost her passion for writing.
Amid the increase in harassment claims against Hollywood personalities, Los Angeles prosecutors said they’ve launched a task force to evaluate allegations of sexual abuse in the entertainment industry.
District Attorney Jackie Lacey said in a statement Thursday that the task force will include specially trained prosecutors who will evaluate cases once they are referred to the district attorney’s office for prosecution.
She says the task force is comprised of veteran sex crimes prosecutors who will review cases as they come in.
But Lacey said so far there have been no cases sent to the DA’s office for criminal charges.
Lacey said earlier Thursday that her office was in touch with Los Angeles police and police in Beverly Hills as they investigate allegations of criminal wrongdoing against Harvey Weinstein. She declined to comment further on the status of the investigations.