Islamic Jihad on Monday said that armed groups in the Gaza Strip will respond to the death of three Palestinian teenagers who were killed in an IDF strike in the coastal enclave a day earlier, the Islamic Jihad-linked Palestine Today reported.
“Islamic Jihad affirmed…that the resistance will respond to this crime in a way that is proportionate to its size and the great fury it has caused among our people, nation and free people in the world,” the terror group said in a statement, according to the Palestine Today report.
The IDF said on Sunday that it carried out an airstrike targeting three Palestinians who were attempting to damage the fence in the border region between Israel and Gaza.
The army added that the Palestinians were “apparently in the process of planting an explosive device” in the southern half of the Strip.
Later on Sunday, the Hamas-run Health Ministry pronounced the three Palestinians dead and identified them as 14-year-old Khalid Abu Said, 14-year-old Abdel-Hamid Abu Dhaher and 13-year-old Muhammed al-Satari.
On Monday, Aisha Abu Daher said her son Abdel-Hamid had “nothing to do with resistance” and denied her son had any links to terrorists.
Islamic Jihad also denied that three teenagers had been involved in any type of “military action” in the border region.
“The occupation’s narrative is baseless, false and purely deceptive and fallacious,” the statement added. “The children were not involved in any military action.”
Palestinian paramedics claimed the three bodies were found 200 meters from the fence.
Funeral processions took place in Gaza on Monday for the three teenagers.