From October 23 to November 29, the City of Tel Aviv-Yafo will pay tribute to the contributions of its olim — immigrants — and of aliyah — immigration — to the city’s development and magnificent tapestry of life.
Since the city’s founding over 100 years ago, new olim and longtime residents weave the texture of our Start Up City’s culture, economy and dynamic social life and diagram its future.
Paying tribute to olim is paying tribute to all of us and our families’ heritage in our city’s life.
During Hodesh Aliyah/Aliyah Month, the City of Tel Aviv-Yafo will offer all residents a chance to celebrate our wonderful olim heritage, from its opening salsa party in the Tel Aviv Municipality on October 23 to the closing on November 29, which marks 70 years since the UN’s historic resolution recognizing the borders of a nascent state. A special sculpture made by our olim children will be donated to the city.
Some of the events olim and Tel Aviv residents will enjoy:
- “The Great Reinventions: Health, Education and Cities” with co-author of “Start-Up Nation” Saul Singer at WeWork HaZerem on November 14.
- Free shows by The Orna Porat Theatre for Children at community centers around the city
- Special lectures including the city’s various “Tel Aviv Talks”
- Stand-up comedy show by Ilya Axelrod in Russian
- A musical tribute to Natan Alterman by French singer Sivane Kretchner at the Enav Cultural Center
- Special tour of sites of interest to Tel Aviv’s aliyah history.
- And so much more….
Aliyah Month events are organized by the Tel Aviv-Yafo Department for Immigration Absorption (of the Municipal Community, Culture, and Sports Administration) and the Ministry of Aliyah and Absorption.
Almost all events are FREE. Some are highly subsidized. For a full list of events visit our FB page, and Like it too!
If you have any questions, please write to email@example.com .