search

Norway says deadly bow-and-arrow attack appears to have been act of terror

Norway’s security agency says the bow-and-arrow attack that killed five people appears to have been an act of terrorism.

The Danish man who is in custody is a Muslim convert who had previously been flagged as having being radicalized, police said earlier.

The victims were four women and one man between the ages of 50 and 70.

The 37-year-old Dane is suspected of having shot at people in a number of locations in the town of Kongsberg on Wednesday evening. Several of the victims were in a supermarket, police said.

Police officers cordon off the scene where they are investigating in Kongsberg, Norway after a man armed with bow killed several people before arrested by police on October 13, 2021. (Håkon Mosvold Larsen / NTB / AFP)

comments
Never miss breaking news on Israel
Get notifications to stay updated
You're subscribed